The Cutting Edge has been looking after brides for more than 18 years, and our team has a reputation for ensuring that your experience is great from start to finish. Your stylist will create the feeling of being comfortable, cared for and confident not only during your visit, but for your whole day.
When it comes to your wedding day, it is important to hire a professional team to make sure that you are at your absolute best during what may potentially be a very busy day. The difference between less expensive hair salons and having your services done at a high-end hair salon is simple; you get superior service and expertise paired with the use of professional products which are designed to last all day from a high end salon. On a day such as your wedding, it can get overwhelmingly busy, the last thing you want to compromise is great hair!
Trending for 2016 you will see brides incorporating braiding with loose cascading beachy waves. This look is timeless and effortless.
When you are searching for styles that you like, you always want to look up styles where the model has the same hair colour as you. By doing that, you know you like the style not just the colour.
When it comes to the Do’s and Don’ts of Bridal hair, ultimately it is your special day, and you are going to do what makes you the happiest, but if you are looking for a place to start… here are some tips:
- Always book a trial. At the Cutting Edge, we recommend booking a trial at least 6 weeks before your wedding day. The most ideal time to reserve a trial would be on a day that you will get use out of your style, for example, your stag n’ doe, or bachelorette party.
- If you haven’t picked your dress, don’t settle on a hairstyle just yet. Your dress plays a very large part in what is going to suit your overall look. For example, if the dress you have chosen has a strapless cut to it, chances are you aren’t going to go with a style that is pulled completely up. Our bridal experts are perfect for guiding you in what will be the best look to complete your vision of the best YOU on your wedding day.
- Are you looking to change your hair before the big day? Make sure that you have your maintenance appointments lined up for the big day. Doing anything too drastic or unplanned so close to your wedding may leave you with regret.
- Don’t forget about hair accessories! Bridal pieces can be a daunting task, but if you know that you want to fully accessorize, there are so many options out there for you. A great place to look for ideas is on Pinterest. From the traditional veil to the ever so trendy birdcage or flower crown the accessories are endless.
- Treat your hair to a treatment! The Cutting Edge uses Natural Tech by Davines – a line specifically geared towards prescribed treatments. Whether you want your hair to be fuller, add moisture or nourishment, there is a treatment waiting for you to have your hair in its optimal condition.
- If it’s important to you, share your vision with your bridal party. Let them be aware of any theme that you have created, or overall look you want to achieve. You picked your bridal party, because they are the best compliments to you – their hair should compliment yours.
- Last but certainly not least – arrange your bridal party to all have their hair looked after at the same location. Not only does this make it easy to ensure that your vision is played out, but you get to spend an amazing time with your party getting ready for your big day!
The greatest thing about reserving your bridal style at the Cutting Edge, is that the stress is completely alleviated in knowing that there are options available; whether you have no idea where to start, require the salon to open early, or to have our team come to you.
We want our brides and the party to feel just like they are at home when they arrive on your wedding day and create a space for you to set up light refreshments, and we provide beverages, music and atmosphere. We love to have your photographer be part of getting ready, and welcome them to take photos of the process. Teaming up with Ooh La La Boutique allows them to arrive to our location and look after your party at the same time.
Being a part of Wedding Connection has allowed great relationships to be formed which ultimately goes back to you. As the bride to be, you will be introduced to a great team that you can trust completely.
We are excited to further our relationship with Wedding Connection
by connecting with you.